Monday, August 29, 2011

I finaly give in



Anyone who has known me and my gaming preferences may well be surprised by what I am about to post. I have stood by many times and stated that my minis need to be metal and maybe resin, when Battlefront started using plastic parts I was not a happy gamer. I believed (and I still do) that going to plastic at the same time as giving me a price increase is a slap in the face. Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against plastic used in the right way. I have been building plastic models for 20+ years but these are display models (as in "DO NOT TOUCH"). I couldn't get past the idea that plastic was for display as the fine parts are fragile or for toys (for a minute lets pretend our miniatures are not toys) which are extremely over scaled to make them able to withstand handling without damage.

When I first started playing Flames of war a tank was about $7.00 They have now almost doubled in price. I kept hearing how great the new models from Plastic toy soldier company are and decided it was time to give them a look. My local hobby shop is stocking the new 15mm lines from this company and I saw they had the new M4A2 Sherman boxes in, I am a WW2 gamer that has no Sherman tanks (I know, whats wrong with me) I figure I can use them as lend lease tanks with my soviets so I bought 2 boxes. So I finally gave in and am now on the plastic is good train (as long as its cheaper anyway). I will post a complete review of these models with all of my unsolicited opinions on them soon.


5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, but the figures from this company are very good, my pal bought some 20mm tanks and they look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thus far I am impressed with the overall quality though I have found a couple issues with them which I will be covering in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave in for the same reasons...

    http://sixtwentyeight.blogspot.com/2011/08/start-of-new-project-15mm-soviet.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few of these models but I still prefer the Battlefront resins, even with plastic tracks. The plastic tanks have too little detail for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good Braxen, the stuff coming from Zvezda looks good too.

    Chuck, I don't know about some of the other models from PSC but I think I like these shermans better than Battlefronts, the detail is as good and I think the measurements may be more accurate though the only BF sherman I have to compare to is a firefly from my 7th ad list.

    ReplyDelete