Saturday, December 17, 2011

Flames of war 3rd edition?

I havent had much to share lately. After finishing the french I was working on I have kind of stepped back from painting Fow and have been working on a few side projects, none of which are moving any too quickly, and reading some books.

  There has been a lot of talk about a new version of FoW coming soon, I have basically ignored this for awhile and not thought about it too much. The Eastern front late war compilation books which should be available today have had me thinking more about it however. There is a big change to The soviet national rules with a new version of the Hen and chicks rules, link to the new rules for anyone who hasent seen them yet. I have tried the new rules and so far I like them when using T-34's, though I haven't played it with any other affected units yet. This change got me thinking though, a change this big however has to lead towards something bigger yet.  Could these books which are replacing a set of books the newest of which is barely over a year old be a way of bringing the lists in line with a new version of the core rules? Though there is nothing official at this point it does seem that a certain distributor has a new rule book listed as pre-release and I have heard that there is a small advertisement in the newest issue of Wargames Illustrated which indicates that a small V3 rulebook will be available this coming February .  I for one am looking forward to re learning the rules and seeing how big or small the rules changes are.

2 comments:

  1. Well mate, if I can let you know, the changes are so minor that its like you will have never left 3rd edition when you start playing in 3rd. I was surprised how easy it was, you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my rulebook today. We have also begun using the new rules using the PDF from the FOW website. So far I am quite happy with the changes.

    ReplyDelete