Friday, February 18, 2011

and now for something completely different

I have been painting Russian Infantry for the upcoming escalation league and finally I decided I was going insane painting the same thing 120+ times. So today I started something a little different just to keep my sanity in check. I build 1/35 armor on occasion and decided to pull something different from that stash. I found an old box of 1/35 Tamyia Japanese Infantry I picked up at a flea market while trying to haggle over something with little success I finally got him to at least throw in the infantry. so here sits a box of infantry that I likely would never do anything with as Japanese stuff usually isn't my thing.


I opened the box and decided on the command figure, I love world war two but there is something about the eras before when men fought up close with a sword that gets me. The Japanese still using swords in combat really shows how ww2 was in some ways the end of the end of an era.




1 comment:

  1. If I had my way, wars would still be fought with swords. Much more elegant weapon.

    ReplyDelete